In what we hope will be a monthly event in our newsletter, we’d like to a Q&A to feature one of our awesome clients. This month, in keeping with our theme of bettering the lives of others, we’d like to feature a health center that is expanding to under-served communities in southern Deschutes County. This month, we feature La Pine Community Health Center.
Name of your business? La Pine Community Health Center
- What is your name and title? Marie Manes, Clinic Manager
- Tell me about your business, the services it provides and region you serve? La Pine Community Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center. We are a primary care health center and provide services to patients of all ages. We have family practice providers and an internal medicine provider. La Pine Community Health Center provides primary care services for patients including diagnostic, treatment and follow-up care of acute, episodic and chronic diseases which are common to medical practice and within the skill range of the primary care providers. Diagnosis includes gathering and documenting medical and social history, physical examination and other means of assessing health status, such as laboratory testing, radiological examinations, and pulmonary function testing. Treatment includes provision of and/or prescription for care, prescription for medications, referral and/or consultation as required to treat a given patient’s condition. This also includes basic counseling and health maintenance. We also provide outreach services for all non-medical needs. Our outreach workers also assist with OHP insurance enrollment.
- How many employees do you have and do you have any stories about them? We currently have 53 employees within our five locations.
- Can you tell us a little bit about the history of your company, how long you’ve been in business, and current and future growth plans? La Pine Community Health Center became a Federally Qualified Health Center in June 2009. We have added additional locations and now bring medical services to the communities of Gilchrist, Sunriver, La Pine, and Christmas Valley.
- What makes your business unique in this market and why should a customer use your services? We are a recognized Patient Centered Primary Care Home (PCPCH) health center with a Tier 3 status.
- What about your business makes you most proud? The patients and employees are what makes us strong. Our employees care about our patients and provide the best care possible.
- Weston’s core purpose is to better the lives of others which would include our clients and our community and the charities we support. Tell us a little bit how you like to give back and serve your community? We are there for our community. Our employees participate in various community events and provide services to all regardless of insurance and income statuses.
- How have Weston’s services and its people helped your business? Weston has assured us that our electronic information is safe and secure. They provide wonderful service and their response times are remarkable.