Duo Security is introducing a redesigned version of its Duo Mobile app. Weston uses the Duo service to lock down and provide two-factor authentication and access to some of our client’s servers and services.
Duo Mobile version 4.0.0 is scheduled to roll out to users during the following timeframes:
- For iOS: October 11 through 18, 2021.
- For Android: October 11 through 15, 2021.
Version 4.0.0 of Duo Mobile will be released through the usual process of an automated update pushed to the Apple App Store and Google Play Store and then pushed to your device. Weston has no control over the timing of this, as we’re at the mercy of the various app stores.
The redesigned Duo Mobile is designed to make your login experience better by:
- Updating the position of the Approve / Deny buttons so that Approve is on the right, a more natural location.
- Improving the accessibility of the app, including adding a landscape view, variable font sizes, and improved color contrast.
- Providing clear guidance on restoring your accounts if you get a new phone.
- Making it easier to find and manage your accounts with a simpler interface.
Here is a video preview of what the redesigned app will look like:
What is not changing?
The core functionality of Duo Mobile is not changing. You will continue to be able to:
- Receive a Duo Push.
- Use passcodes.
- Add, edit, reorder, and remove accounts.
- Backup and restore accounts.
- Use dark mode.
- And anything else you can do in the current version of the app.
When the redesigned Duo Mobile launches, will I need to do anything?
It depends. If you have enabled automatic app updates on your device, Duo Mobile will update automatically. You can also manually update Duo Mobile.
Will I need to restore my accounts or settings once Duo Mobile is updated?
No. All of your protected accounts will be automatically present in Duo Mobile after the update. You do not need to re-add anything. In addition, all of your existing settings, such as for Duo Restore for third-party accounts, will also carry over automatically.
Contact us if you have any questions or need assistance with the new app.
Leave a Reply