First off, a programming note: Weston’s offices will be closed on Friday, January 1, 2021, for the New Year Holiday. Here’s hoping you have an enjoyable New Years!
This has been a year, hasn’t it? We never thought back in March that things would still be mostly in lock down and most of our clients would be working from home. Here’s hoping for some normalcy (or something resembling it) on the horizon!
As we say goodbye to 2020 and waltz into 2021, we’d like to look back on the year with a year in review newsletter, looking back at the most popular articles of the year. As always this time of year, New Year’s technology resolutions of the past still apply as good practice and the 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 and 2015’s year-end wrap-ups are all worth a read.
Our core purpose at Weston is to better the lives of others. That is why we are in business in the first place and we really took that to heart this year. Many businesses we work with were hit hard or were thrown topsy-turvy by the pandemic. The transition to all remote all the time was a huge change for a lot of folks and we were very busy this year getting clients working securely and productively from wherever they happened to be. With our people-first focus, we hope it came across that we truly care about making your day a bit better when you give us a call or drop us a chat (especially in an era of limited in-person interactions). We also truly care about the communities we live and do business in as we support lots of great non-profit organizations financially and continue to provide our time and expertise whenever we can. These organizations directly impact the well-being of those in our local communities, nation and the world and we feel it is a privilege to help and support them — especially with everything that’s been going on the last year. We’ve been doing this for over 26 years now, and we’re glad you’re here with us.
We hope this newsletter has been a valuable resource to you (and please email us if there is any particular type of content you’d like to see). We ran some numbers to see what people are reading in this newsletter and on our blog. These individual articles from the last year were the most popular based on newsletter clicks and post views, so you can revisit them again or read them for the first time if you missed them when we mentioned them before. These are in no particular order:
- You met Josh #2, Eric #3, and Mark (#1)
- What is Windows 10’s Timeline?
- Synchronize Changes in PowerPoint While Presenting
- Adjust Kerning (Letter Spacing) in Word
- Easier Sharing of SharePoint and OneDrive Links in Outlook
- Tech Tip: Windows Key Shortcuts
- Windows 7 is Now Officially End-of-Support
- Use Vector Images in Office Apps For Higher Quality Documents
- Outlook Signatures Saved To The Cloud
- All Remote, All The Time
- You Should Be Using MFA On Your Office 365 Accounts
- Custom Outlook Alerts for Important Emails
- Tips for Buying a New Mouse and Keyboard
- Is That Port USB-C or Thunderbolt?
- These Are Unprecedented Times
- Is Your Computer On Its Last Legs?
- Tech Tip: Add Another Monitor to Your Laptop
- Microsoft Teams Quick Start Guide
- Call into a Microsoft Teams Meeting With a Telephone
- Potential Outlook Troubles Coming in October
- Create Animated GIFs in PowerPoint
- How Long Does It Take To Hack Your Password?
- How To Create Outlook Templates
- Office Tip: Pin Your Files and Folders For Easier Access
- Adjust Your Windows Startup Programs
- Customize Your Video Background In Microsoft Teams (note that Teams now has this feature built-in, but the imagery in this article was pretty popular)
In addition, these articles we wrote up prior to 2020 are still getting a lot of traffic and are still very relevant:
- Microsoft 365 vs Office 365 – What Is Right for My Business?
- Don’t Lose Your Work: Save to SharePoint or OneDrive and Auto-Save
- 3 Ways To Easily Control Two Computers From One Keyboard, Mouse, and Monitor
- Get a HIPAA BAA from Microsoft for Office 365
- Thunderbolt vs USB 3.1 using USB-C – How Does It All Work?
- Saving Thumbnails for your Office Documents
- Microsoft Begins Phase Out of OneNote 2016 Desktop App
- How To Schedule Email Sending in Outlook
- Tech Tip: Keeping the Leading Zeros in Excel
- Tech Tip: Remember Ctrl-Shift-T to Get Your Tabs Back
- New Office Feature: Word Rewrite
- Tech Tip: Control your PowerPoint Presentation with your SmartPhone
- Intel i3 vs i5 vs i7 vs i9
- Tech Terms Explained: Modem, Router, Firewall
- Get Outlook Reminders by Text Message
- Simple Calculations in OneNote
- 10+ Things to Consider When Buying a Computer for your Business
- How To Test Your Internet Speeds
- Tech Tip: Improve Your PowerPoint Skills
- Tech Tip: Printing in Excel – Scaling and Repeating Rows and Columns
- Tech Tip: Connecting to Wifi that Requires Logon or Hotspot Agreement Page
- Replace your Windows Image Viewer with Irfanview
- Insert Icons into Your Word Documents
- Macro-Enabled Word and Excel Files Are Bad News
- Windows Server 2008 and SBS 2011 End Of Life is Coming Soon
Thanks for supporting us and we look forward to working with you in 2021!