As we bid adieu to 2017 and jump into 2018, we’d like to look back on the year at Weston. Specifically, we want to look back at what we have done at Weston, but also what you have done as readers of this newsletter and link back to the most read content of the past year. New Year’s technology resolutions of the past still apply as good practice. The 2016 and 2015’s year end wrap-ups are still both worth a read as well.
We accomplished a lot this year, thanks to you, our wonderful customers. But our biggest accomplishment, in our mind, is the large impact we’ve made in the communities we serve. We’ve paid out nearly $30,000 (at last count) to lots of great non-profit organizations and continue to provide our time and expertise whenever we can. This is much more than we were able to contribute last year. Our core purpose is to better the lives of others. We try to do that in many ways, but donating our time and money to these organizations is something we’re quite proud of.
In 2017, we also debuted new customer feedback options (and bribed you with doughnuts), setup online payment options, hired a new guy (and have an even newer guy who just started whose profile you’ll be getting soon), garnered some more certifications, debuted WestonSecureMobile and even survived an eclipse.
We hope this newsletter has been a valuable resource to you and please email us if there is any particular type of content you’d like to see. We ran the numbers and some reports to see what people are reading in this newsletter and on our blog. These 28 individual articles from the last year were the most popular based on newsletter clicks and post views, so you can revisit them again or read them for the first time if you missed them when we mentioned them before:
- Recovering From Ransomware with Disaster Recover Solutions
- Replace your Windows Image Viewer with Irfanview
- Tech Tip: Connecting to Wifi that Requires Logon or Hotspot Agreement Page
- Simple Calculations in OneNote
- Are your Employees Putting Your Company’s Security At Risk?
- Email Out of Control? Six Tips to Tame Your Inbox
- Lose Your Phone? Tips to Help You Find It
- Don’t Fall for “Font Not Found” Warnings in Chrome
- Have You Signed BAAs with your Vendors?
- Revoke Access to Old Employees, Or You Could Get Fined
- Need New Tech But Don’t Have Immediate Funds? There Are Options
- Protect Your Online Accounts with Two-Factor Authentication
- Get Outlook Reminders by Text Message
- Solid-State Drive (SSD) versus Traditional Hard Drive – What’s the Difference?
- Tech Tip: Freezing Rows and Columns in Excel
- 5 Ways Your Technology Can Go Down and How to Avoid Them
- Remember the Basics to Prevent Data Breaches
- Tech Tip: Add More Monitors to Increase Desktop Real Estate and Productivity
- Keep an Eye Out for Phishing Attacks
- Tech Tip: Set Apps to Run Full Screen Automatically
- Tech Tip: Using Flash in Google Chrome
- Healthcare Business Continuity: Make Sure Your IT Infrastructure is Ready
- Tech Tip: Microsoft Word Keyboard Shortcuts
- Collaborating on Microsoft Office Documents with Office 365
- Tech Tip: Remember Ctrl-Shift-T to Get Your Tabs Back
- 2017 Gift Guide for Geeks
- How Weston CompleteCare Helps Protect Your Business From Cyber Threats
- New Translation Features in Microsoft Word
Thanks for supporting us and our goals this last year, and we look forward to working with you in 2018!