As a CompleteCare client, you can rest assured that we are doing everything we can to protect your network from security threats and problematic malware. We were asked by a client recently what we do to help protect them from cyber threats, so we figured we’d share a bit of our multi-layered approach here (these are the major items but not the only items).
- Direct Support and Education: As a CompleteCare client, you get direct access to our tech support team, allowing you to bypass our phone tree and dispatchers. Because of that, you get quicker support and your questions answered in an expedient manner. We’ve all had that person if our office that you could bounce technical/security questions off of. With Weston, you have a whole team you can ask those questions, and we can show you the best ways of doing things on your computer when necessary. We also will email and post relevant security alerts and tips on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, newsletter and via email. We spend the time researching and managing this stuff so you don’t have to.
- Up-to-Date Managed Anti-virus: As part of CompleteCare, you will have centrally managed and monitored anti-virus that will alert on infections or potential infections so the machine can be pulled off the network before causing additional damage. If an infection does occur, we’ll research the variant of infection and ways to minimize either possibility of infection in the future or the impact of infection if prevention is not possible/feasible.
- Gateway Malware and Anti-Virus Protection: Ideally, malware and virus code would get shut down before it even makes it onto your network. You need a good firewall that has protections in-place for that sort of thing. That’s the idea behind WestonShield, Weston’s managed firewall service which provides a Sonicwall firewall with all security features enabled (including malware protection as well as monitoring and intrusion protection). WestonShield can be included in your CompleteCare agreement.
- E-mail Spam and Virus Protection: A very common method for nasty infections and threats is via malware-carrying e-mail attachments. The best route for email protection is to have your email scanned by a service before it is delivered to your inbox. This is the type of service we offer we include via our WestonBlock comprehensive email protection, included with CompleteCare. Keep in mind this type of service will not work if your staff access a web-based personal email system or social media site, so we can block that with web content filtering (see below).
- Web Content Filtering: Another very common way that threats can get onto your system is via infected or not-work-friendly web sites. Blocking access to those websites is key and keeping threats from downloading further malware is the goal behind our OpenDNS-powered filtering system. We include this content filtering for our CompleteCare clients.
- Patch Your Systems: Keeping your systems up-to-date with the latest security patches is key to make sure the worst of the security threats stays out. Our CompleteCare managed patching services keep your systems up-to-date with the latest critical Windows patches, rolled out in a matter that won’t bring down your network.
- Good Backups and a Business Continuity Plan: Despite everybody’s best efforts, there’s always a chance you’ll get taken down by something nasty. Should the worst happen, you’ll want to get back up and running as soon as possible to avoid further damage to the bottom line and to your customers’ confidence. We will work with you to create good business continuity plan to make sure that the downtime is kept to acceptable levels and that your business is back up and running as soon as possible.