Some quick headlines from around the Web on some upcoming features for your favorite Office 365 products:
- Ever wanted to talk to yourself in Teams? Coming soon is a new feature to let users send notes and files and chat with themselves. You’ve probably emailed yourself a file or a note before, and just like regular chats, you will be able to send yourself messages, notes, files, images, and videos. The feature could be useful for creating drafts to capture quick ideas/reminders and prevent users from accidentally sending incomplete messages.
- Outlook for Windows is gradually going to start looking like the Web version of Outlook and simplifying the look and feel of things. There are still more than a few known issues with the new app, but they have it out there in beta if you want to play with it (we wouldn’t recommend it at this point).
- If you use SketchUp files (frequently used by architects and engineers), they can now be added to Office creations as 3D Objects.
- If you’re needing that sort of thing (and many folks are), Dark Mode is coming to Word for the Web.
- Microsoft is trying to bring feature parity to it’s web-based version of Teams and is adding features that were exclusive to the desktop app before.
Leave a Reply