Some headlines from around the Web from the last month or so, including some looks at Windows 10, Office 2016, some HIPAA news, how a hacker would hack you so you can learn what to avoid, a great little time killer, and more. Read on for all the news.
- Two local medical providers suffer possible breaches. While it may or may not have helped in these cases, it is a nice reminder to everybody to make sure your devices containing PHI are encrypted.
- Office 2016 and Skype for Business (aka Lync) are in the preview stages. You can check out previews, features, thoughts, and screen shots at ZDNet, Ars Technica and Office Watch.
- Is your smartphone making you dumb? No, probably not.
- Is Windows Server 2003 destined to be the new Windows XP, the OS that everybody loves but everybody really needs to move away from? Let us help with your 2003 migration.
- A Google hacker could hack you, and how you can protect yourself.
- While this might not make it into final release, the Windows 10 start menu in the latest builds has gained a bit of transparency
- Speaking of Windows 10, “App” vs “Application” is going to become a confusing topic.
- You didn’t want to get anything done today, right? downtown Anchorage. Here’s downtown Anchorage and downtown Bend (which is surprisingly difficult because it’s diagonal).
Leave a Reply