Since it seemed to be a hit last month, we’ll try this again. We found some fun and interesting tech news and links over the month or so that we thought we’d share with you (and add our few cents of commentary). Some are tech-related, some are not, but all are worth a few minutes of your time.
- Destroying your hard drive is the only way to stop this super-advanced malware. Thankfully, unless you’re a target of the NSA, you’ll likely never have to deal with this.
- Microsoft is now giving away Onenote. We use Onenote here at the office, both the offline and online versions, as part of our Office 365 subscription, and it’s been tremendously useful.
- Windows 10 is shaping up to be an interesting OS.
- Lenovo will stop pre-loading dangerous Superfish adware on their PCs. If you own a Lenovo, you can check to see if you might be infected here and you can remove it following the directions here.
- The View-Master is getting an update for the 21st century: Virtual Reality.
- Microsoft is beefing up their Outlook apps for iOS and Android.
- Have a DropBox account? Microsoft, in an attempt to get you to use their OneDrive service, is giving you a 100GB bonus . Slickdeals has a step-by-step on how to make sure you get the extra space. Note: This is for OneDrive personal accounts – OneDrive corporate accounts tied to Office 365 already come with unlimited storage. Sign up for an Office 365 trial today.
- If you are using Sharepoint Online to manage your public website, you need to move on: Microsoft is dropping its Public Website feature from Sharepoint Online as of last month .
- Photoshop is now 25 years old, and it’s changed the way we see reality.