One of the big things we brought up during our seminar last month was the need to do a few things to protect your systems and lesson your insurance liability: Encrypt your systems, install monitored anti-virus systems, and keep your windows patches up-to-date. Weston can provide all three of those services for you all in one package, and have everything monitored and reported on for compliance. We call it Weston Data Protection. Read on for more information.
Sensitive data is constantly at risk of loss, theft, and exposure. Many times, the data simply walks right out the front door on a laptop or USB device. Or a security hole doesn’t get patched properly. Other times, malware can compromise a system, allowing the outside world access to your data. Companies that suffer such a data loss risk serious consequences, including regulatory penalties (HIPAA, PCI, Sarbanes Oxley, etc…), public disclosure, brand damage, customer distrust, and financial losses. Don’t let your business be one of them. What’s the best way to protect yourself and your systems? Encrypt, protect and patch your systems with Weston Data Protection.
- Full Disk, pre-boot encryption.
- Seamless and transparent to user after initial login.
- Smart-phone and security question self-recovery options.
- Disk encryption compliance reporting to comply with HIPAA regulations.
- Configurable password configurations and expirations.
- Custom logon messages.
- Centrally-protect your desktops and file servers from malicious threats
- Protect your files from viruses, worms, rootkits, Trojans, and other threats.
- Proactive protection against new and unknown buffer-overflow exploits that target vulnerabilities in Microsoft applications
- Easily configure policies to manage quarantined items
- Email protection for Microsoft Outlook.
- Automated workstation and server patching.
- Patches are tested on test group of workstations before rolling out to rest of network to ensure compatibility with third-party applications.
- Patching and rebooting can be adjusted and scheduled on regular basis to minimize distruption to business.
- Patch compliance reporting and monitoring provided on scheduled basis.
These services aren’t just something that is needed for regulate industries, either. Even if you’re not HIPAA-regulated, you can still better protect yourself and you client’s data as well as lessen your liability with these services.
WestonDataProtection is part of our suite of HIPAA services. WestonHIPAAService is Weston’s line of business IT, compliance, and training services and include monitored anti-virus, HIPAA training, managed Windows patching, compliance audits and risk assessments, and whole disk encryption. Weston Technology Solutions provides all the services you need to becoming HIPAA-Compliant and to minimize HIPAA-related technology headaches. Contact us today by calling us 541-383-2340.
Leave a Reply