As you have probably heard from the various announcements on Microsoft websites and pop ups on your computers (including our blog posts), Microsoft is offering a free upgrade to Windows 10 until July 29, 2016.
The question you may be asking: Should you upgrade?
That is a question that will be unique to each of you. Here at Weston, we are not always about the latest gadget or software unless there is a demonstrated business reason for it.
Some of us at Weston has have been using Windows 10 for a while and it has proven to be a solid operating system.
If you are thinking you would like to take advantage of the free upgrade the questions to ask yourself (and that we will ask you) are things like:
- Is your current machine compatible with Windows 10? We can run a tool for you, which should take about 15 min, to see if your machine is compatible.
- Is all of your software compatible? Do all of your software packages, including your line of business applications work with Windows 10?
- Do you have a laptop or Windows tablet that is touch screen? If so Windows 10 may be a good choice for you.
- Do you want to learn a new operating system? Or are you just fine using your current one?
- How old is your machine? Should you just get windows 10 with your next PC?
If you are thinking you’d like to upgrade to Windows 10, let us know. If you are a CompleteCare client, we will do an assessment and make recommendations for you as part of your contract.
If you are not a CompleteCare client, we’ll do an assessment of your machine on a time and materials basis and we can help you decide if Windows 10 is right for you. Typically the assessment will take 30 minutes.
Once we assess your computer, we will be able to give you an estimate of how long we think it will take to upgrade you, any issues we foresee, and our overall recommendation as to whether Windows 10 is the right operating system for you.
If you would like us to do an assessment for you, please give us a call at 541-383-2340 and we will get an appointment set up for you.
Thanks for choosing Weston for your Technology needs!
Leave a Reply