Ever needed to convert an existing Microsoft Word document into an epic PowerPoint presentation? A new feature in Word for the Web will create PowerPoint presentations based on all the summary sections of a document, adding imagery, icons, videos, themes and fonts with advanced AI. Here’s how you do it:
- Open any document you want to convert into a presentation in Word for the web.
- Click File > Export > Export to PowerPoint presentation.
- When prompted, choose a design theme for your presentation. It does a pretty good job of reading your content and coming up with a relevant theme. We even tried it on some of our kid’s homework assignments and it converted pretty well:
- Click Open presentation to review the results in PowerPoint for the web.
- The presentation will be created in the OneDrive root folder of the user who used this option where you can then move it wherever (though we recommend using OneDrive for your documents so you can take advantage of autosave).